As Nevada’s second largest city, Henderson became officially incorporated in 1953. Since that time, the city has enjoyed a steady growth which has now resulted in over 200,000 permanent residents. One of the most attractive aspects of Henderson is its favorable tax structure, which has enticed many businesses to come to the area. Because of the jobs created by the influx of new businesses, Henderson’s unemployment rate is very low.
The city of Henderson takes an active interest in the well-being of its residents. As the only full-service city in southern Nevada, Henderson maintains committed police and fire forces, as well as comprehensive utility services. Furthermore, the Henderson Police Department is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). This prestigious honor is bestowed on agencies worldwide that display the highest standards for law enforcement. Currently, there are only 500 members of the commission in the world, attesting to the distinction of the Henderson Police Department.
With so many different benefits offered to residents, it is no wonder Henderson is a popular city. Neighborhoods in Henderson have developed quickly to keep up with the demand, but each area offers a unique feel. You’ll have plenty of housing options, as 51 percent of the city is residential. Besides the various unique single family homes, apartments, and condominiums found in the city, Henderson also contains an incredible 25 planned communities within its borders.
While the amount of housing options presented by Henderson is wonderful, the variety can be a little overwhelming for buyers. With years of solid experience selling homes in the Las Vegas area, Dulcie Crawford is the best choice for all of your real estate needs. Dulcie has extensive knowledge of housing in the city of Henderson, and is highly qualified to represent buyers looking for the perfect home.
It’s no wonder that the City of Henderson is considered one of the best places to live in the country. Henderson is the second largest city in Nevada and has the city life to prove it! Henderson’s strong economy, coupled with a wide array of community amenities, promote a quality, healthy, and rich way-of-life. It’s no wonder that Henderson has developed its own slogan, “Henderson, A Place to Call Home”
Henderson: A Quick Look
- America’s Second Safest City, Forbes Magazine, 2011
- One of the Best Cities To Live In America, Bloomberg Business Week
- Nationally recognized parks and recreation system
- Active, year-round calendar of events for residents
- Host site to local, regional and global sporting competitions
- Responsive and responsible municipal government
- Quality healthcare services, including St. Rose Hospital only minutes away
- Demonstrated investment in education
- One of the lowest property tax rates in Nevada
- Efficient thoroughfares to downtown Las Vegas metro area
- Henderson Pavilion (Nevada’s Largest Outdoor Amphitheater)
- Henderson Symphony Orchestra
- Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve
- Acacia Demonstration Gardens
- Country Fresh Farmers Markets – 3 Locations from Thurs evening at the Promenade at the District, Friday at the Henderson Multi-Generational Center/Library Parking area, and Saturday at The Eastern Commons Shopping Center, in the heart of the Eastern corridor shopping area
- Sloan Canyon Preserve
- River Mountains Loop Trail
- Lake Mead National Recreational Area